This course is an asynchronous, fully online video-based course (i.e. self paced, self directed learning). The course follows a formal curriculum and is structured in eight (8) 2-hour video sessions interspersed with reading and knowledge assessment events. Enrolled candidates receive access to the ProjectPro on-line learning platform where course material can be downloaded, and knowledge assessments be undertaken.
The course covers the content as outlined in the four (4) core PMI-SP reference texts of the PMI-SP Handbook, PMI-SP Examination Outline, PMI-Practice Standard for Scheduling and the PMI PMBOK 6th Edition. At a high-level, the course covers topics such as:
- Scheduling Strategy
- Schedule Planning and Development, incl. scope and WBS principles
- Schedule Monitoring and Controlling, incl. Earned Value Management
- Schedule Closeout
- Stakeholder Communications Management
- Schedule Risk Management, incl. Monte Carlo Simulation
- Examination sample questions and exam prep self-study planning
The videos of the course are presented by an experienced trainer who will guide and mentor candidates through the material.ProjectPro has been helping candidates for the past 20 years to pass the PMI’s numerous credential courses the first time. ProjectPro is accredited with:
- South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA)
- International Organisation for Standardisation (ISO)
- Project Management Institute (PMI)
Note: Does not include a PMBOK 6th Edition Guide
Who Should Apply?
The PMI-SP online preparation course is a 2-day equivalent (i.e. 16 contact hours) course for those individuals interested in sitting the PMI-SP exam.
For those not intending to sit the exam, the workshop will be an invaluable source of scheduling best practices