The PgMP® credential recognizes those practitioners who are experienced in, and responsible for, the coordination and management of multiple, related projects which as a collective realise organisational objectives and strategic goals.
PMI’s Pulse of the Profession® -report indicates that 76% of projects are more successful in a mature program management environment, as compared to 54% without it.
This course is a blended, synchronous online course led by a live, online course leader. The course follows a formal curriculum and is structured in eight (8) 2-hour contact sessions interspersed with reading and knowledge assessment events. Enrolled candidates receive access to the ProjectPro on-line learning platform where course material can be downloaded, and knowledge assessments be undertaken.
- Strategy, Programs and Portfolios
- The Program Management Framework
- Program Management Performance Domains
- Program Management Supporting Processes
- Financial Management
- The role of the Program Management Office (PMO)
- Numerous relevant video’s and case studies
- Examination preparation questions
- South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA)
- International Organisation for Standardisation (ISO)
- Project Management Institute (PMI)
Note: Does not include a PMBOK 6th Edition Guide
Who Should Apply?
The PgMP® online preparation course is a 2-day equivalent (i.e. 16 contact hours) course for those candidates wishing to prepare and apply for the PgMP® exam.
The course also is aimed at executives, project sponsors, project directors, program managers, portfolio managers, Project Management Office (PMO) heads and quantity surveyors wishing to know more about the processes and benefits of the program management approach in supporting organisational strategy.
Holders of the Project Management Professional (PMP®) credential will also benefit for the strategic perspective of the content, as well as earning 16 Professional Development Units (PDUs) for re-certification purposes.