The Construction Project Management (CPM) training course is a 3-day intermediate level course covering the principles, processes, tools and techniques of project management in an engineering and construction context.
This course is based on the internationally recognised Project Management Body Of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) and its Construction Extension published by the Project Management Institute (PMI®) in the USA.
It has been adapted to the South African built environment and takes the learner through the 6 stages of a project life cycle from Initiation and Briefing, Concept and Feasibility, Design Development, Tender Documentation and Procurement, Construction Documentation and Management, and finally Project Close-Out.
Attending the CPM course will provide knowledge and skills to establish a solid framework for consistently managing successful projects by drawing up a comprehensive Project Management Plan covering the following topics:
- Scope Management
- Schedule Management
- Cost Management
- Financial Management
- Quality Management
- Resource Management
- Communications Management
- Risk Management
- Procurement Management
- Integration Management
- Claims Management
- Contract Law
- Health & Safety Management
- Environmental Management.
ProjectPro is dedicated to enhancing project management and the status of the project management profession through delivery of accredited project management services and training solutions.
Validated by the SACPCMP, we have developed the Construction Project Management short course to assist prospective Construction Project Managers to pass the SACPCMP Test of Professional Competency and the Professional Interview in order to be awarded the PrCPM credential.
This 3-day Construction Project Management course, validated for 15 CPD hours with the SACPCMP, will be of interest to the following practitioners:
- Prospective Construction Project Managers wishing to register with SACPCMP as PrCPM
- Candidate Construction Project Managers wishing to register in future as a PrCPM
- PrCPM’s who wish to obtain Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points to retain their PrCPM status
- Project Management Professionals (PMP’s) who would like to earn Professional Development Units (PDU’s) for PMP® recertification
- Anyone who wishes to obtain a better understanding of Construction Project Management.
Construction Project Management (CPM)
Who Should Apply?
Anybody preparing for registration or interview with the SACPCMP as a Professional Construction Project Manager, Construction Project Managers, Functional Managers, Project Sponsors, Architects, Quantity Surveyors, etc. will find this course invaluable, as will those wanting to earn CPD’s (SACPCMP) or PDU’s.