If you’ve been following us lately, you would have seen that we are busy exploring #Success, what it is in #projects, and what it means for the #ProjectManager.
At ProjectPro, we believe that successful Project Managers, and project team members, need to have a certain set of CORE LEADERSHIP SKILLS:
1. Leadership starts with YOURSELF. You must be able to lead yourself well. You need to be trustworthy and dependable, and you need to set the example. If you cannot lead yourself, who will follow you?
2. You need VISION. If you cannot anticipate what is around the corner, will you be able to plan and organize accordingly?
3. Make things happen. You need to drive the process and take the risks to seize the INITIATIVE.
4. Be an ENABLER. There is strength in numbers, and even greater strength in a community of like-minded individuals. You need to drive your team, and foster collaboration.
5. Ability to work the process but SPEAK to the HEART. Create a community where individuals are celebrated, and there is a sense of belonging.
Engage in the conversation, let us know if there are other core leadership skills that we missed that is paramount to be a successful project manager.